What is Consignment?
Consignment is the process of selling your merchandise where the seller (us) sells the items for you. This provides you with a much broader network of shoppers then you would have if you chose to sell the item yourself.
Consignment split is 50% to consignor; 50% to the store (price before taxes).
All items are subject to our reduction policy effective from the day your Merchant Agreement goes into effect.
- 60 days: -20% off
- 90 days: -35% off
- 110 days: -50% off
- 140 days: -65% off
- 180 days: -80% off
- 210 days: Merchandise becomes property of the store. Items may be donated, sold at any price or disposed of at our discretion.
You are welcome to take back your merchandise at any time before the 210 days without penalty or charges. Please note that delivery is available for $80/hr.
Step 1: Consignment Review Request
Small Items: In Person
Small items that can fit in your car may be brought to Elle & Eve for pricing evaluation during business hours.
Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Large Items: Via Email
Fill out the Consignment Review Request form or send us a personal email with photos and descriptions.
Our experts will review your submission within 1-2 business days of receiving your request.
Home Visits for Large Items
If you require a home visit you can make an appointment with our staff for a fee of $50.
We will reimburse 50% of the home visit fee on your first cheque.
Please note that small items are not priced during a home visit, they will be assessed in the showroom.
There is no charge to have your items assessed at the Elle & Eve location.
Step 2: Your Pricing Estimate
You will receive your initial pricing estimate on the items that we are interested in accepting. You will be presented with a price range for each item.
Step 3: Delivering Your Items to Elle & Eve
Once you receive a preliminary determination of sale value, please make an appointment to bring your items to our warehouse during warehouse hours.
Warehouse Hours (located at the back of the showroom):
Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Alternatively you can request a delivery truck pick up your items for a fee of $80/hr.
Step 4: Mutual Agreement of Terms
Once the items are brought to the warehouse we perform a final inspection and provide a final price for all the items.
Please note that items are not officially accepted until they arrive at the warehouse, and that acceptance of your merchandise may be withdrawn if there is a large discrepancy between the email description and the actual item brought in.
Once you agree to the terms we will enter into a Merchant Agreement.
Your items will be entered into our system.
Step 5: Collecting Your Payment
- $3 on cheques under $100
- $6 on cheques over $100
Important Things You Need to Know
1. Consigned items may be picked up anytime without penalty, 24-hour notice is required for your items to be made ready for pick up. Pick up must be within 2 days to avoid storage charges.
2. Purchased items must be picked up within 5 business days to avoid storage fees.
3. We do not send reminders of any kind. We do not call when items are sold or not sold. It is your responsibility to monitor the reduction dates.
4. We will not be held responsible for any damages to items that may or may not have occurred while at Elle & Eve.
5. We reserve the right to photograph all items, use their images and place them in any of our store locations, at our showroom and online.