What we save, saves us
Charitable consignment is the process of selling your merchandise where the seller (us) sells the items for you, and the proceeds are donated to a charity of your choice.
A list of approved charities will be available to you. If your charity is not on our list we are happy to consider adding your suggestions.
Your consignment split is 50% to a charity of your choice; 50% to the store (price before taxes).
Items’ sales price is subject to our Reduction Policy effective from the day your Merchant Agreement goes into effect.
- 60 days: -20% off
- 90 days: -35% off
- 110 days: -50% off
- 140 days: -65% off
- 180 days: -80% off
- 210 days: Merchandise becomes property of the store. Items may be donated, sold at any price or disposed of.
You are welcome to take back your item at any time before the 210 days. Please note that delivery is available for $80/hr.
Charitable Consignment Process
Step 1: Identify Your Charity
Select a charity of your choice.
Step 2: Consignment Review Request
Small Items: In Person
Small items that can fit in your car may be brought to Elle & Eve for pricing evaluation during business hours.
Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Large Items: Via Email
Fill out the Consignment Review Request form or send us a personal email with photos and descriptions.
Our experts will review your submissions within 1-2 business days of receiving your request.
Home Visits for Large Items
If you require a home visit you can make an appointment with our staff for a fee of $50.
We will reimburse 50% of the home visit fee on your first cheque.
Please note that small items are not priced during a home visit, they need to be assessed in the showroom.
Step 3: Your Pricing Estimate
You will receive your initial pricing estimate on the items that we are interested in accepting with a price range for each item.
Step 4: Delivering Your Furniture to Elle & Eve
Once you receive a preliminary determination of sale value, please make an appointment to bring your items to our warehouse during warehouse hours.
Warehouse Hours (located at the back of the showroom):
Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Alternatively you can request a pick up of your items for a fee of $80/hr.
Step 5: Mutual Agreement of Terms
Once the items are brought to the warehouse we perform a final inspection and provide a final price for all the items.
Please note that items are not officially accepted until they arrive at the warehouse, and that acceptance of your merchandise may be withdrawn if there is a large discrepancy between email description and the actual item brought in.
Once you agree to the terms we will enter into a Merchant Agreement.
Your items will be entered into our system, and you will receive a login and password so that you can review the progress of your items on line any time.
Step 6: Sending Your Gift
A cheque on your behalf will be sent to your charity every quarter. You will receive an email confirmation acknowledging that a gift has been sent on your behalf and the gift amount.
Administration Fees (deducted from profit amount)
- $3 on cheques under $100
- $6 on cheques over $100
Step 7: Your Charitable Receipt
The individual charities are responsible for sending a charitable receipt directly to you. Please contact your charity directly to verify that they are able to issue a charitable receipt.
Important Things You Need to Know
1. We are unable to support charities that benefit unethical or unlawful causes. Elle & Eve reserves the right to reject any charity at any point in time.
2. Consigned merchandise may be picked up anytime without penalty, but 24-hour notice is required for your items to be made ready for pick up. Pick up must be made within 2 days to avoid storage charges.
3. We do not send reminders of any kind. We do not call when items are sold or not sold. It is your responsibility to monitor the reduction dates.
4. We will not be held responsible for any damages to items that may or may not have occurred while at Elle & Eve, or in transport to and form Elle & Eve.
5. We reserve the right to photograph all furniture and home decor, to use their images, and to place them in any of our store locations.